Ruben Stepanian established Stepanian Law Firm in 2013 and specializes in divorce, custody, child support, alimony and marital property distribution law. He is licensed to practice in New York State and has had 15+ years of experience in almost all New York City, Westchester and Long Island Judicial venues.
Ruben works tirelessly to help families navigate through tough times by negotiating visitation rights, separation agreements, child support payments and more. Ruben will always take the time to talk to his clients and give honest evaluations of how to proceed with next steps.
Before establishing his company, Ruben represented corporations and shareholders in shareholder derivative suits and corporate dissolutions. He has successfully litigated employment, insurance, real estate, family and personal injury cases. He moved to his current practice in Divorce & Family law in order to better focus on his clients and their important life transitions.
Languages available: English, Armenian, Russian
Administrative Law Judge
- Ruben Stepanian is an Administrative Law Judge for New York City’s Tribunal, known as Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings. (October 2017 to Present)
- Ruben Stepanian is on Queens County’s Part 137 Fee Dispute Resolution Panel. On this panel, Mr. Stepanian is an arbitrator on fee dispute issues between attorneys and their clients.
Education And Training
- 1998 Rhode Island College, Accounting and Computer Information Systems
- 2004 Hofstra University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- 2005 New York State Bar
- 2009 U.S. District Courts for Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Armenia Bar Association: Treasurer of NY City Chapter and Chair of Family Law Committee
- New York State Bar Association: Family Law Section & Committee on Families and the Law
- Kings County Bar Association
- Queens County Bar Association: Family Law Committee